Foreign students can study at UFSC for a maximum period of two semesters.
Procedures for extension of Student Visa (Temporary Visa Item IV):
The application must be done at the Federal Police Office thirty (30) days before the visa expires.
Beyond this deadline, a fine must be paid.
Av. Irineu Bornhausen, 4744
(Avenida Beira Mar Norte – between the Casa do Governador and the OAB)
1. Application available here;
2. Two recent photographs, size 3×4, colored with white background;
3. Full certified copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document;
4. Proof of temporary registration;
5. Proof of registration in the Educational Institution (except in case of course completion and if the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
6. Statement of the Educational Institution, including the expected duration of the studies (except in case of course completion and if the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
7. Original proof of payment of the following fees: “140090 – Pedido de Prorrogação de Prazo de Estada” and “140120 – Carteira de Estrangeiro Primeira Via”.