FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Can I nominate students by e-mail?
No. We only accept nominations through our online application system, within the period for students’ nominations. Nominations by e-mail, post, fax or other means will be discarded. Check our application calendar here.
2) Does UFSC accept FreeMover students?
No. Only students that are nominated by partner universities can go on exchange at UFSC.
3) What is the application period for exchange at UFSC?
Check the application calendar at our website. There are two nomination periods each year, usually in October and April, for students who wish to come to UFSC in March and in August respectively.
4) How do I know when the application period is open?
All partner institutions are informed about the opening of the application period by e-mail, one month in advance.
You can also access the application calendar here.
5) I do not have a username and password to nominate students.
If you are a partner institution and have nominated students in previous semesters, click on the “forgot password” button. If you are a partner institution and have never received a username and password, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) The person that was in charge of the nominations is no longer working in my institution. How can I obtain a new username and password?
Send us an email at email@example.com to request a new username and password.
7) How many students can I nominate?
You are allowed to nominate the number of students set in the Addendum of the cooperation agreement. If no number is set in the document, you will be allowed to nominate up to 5 students per semester.