Pre-selection for the course INTRODUCTION TO CHINESE CULTURE (Hebei Foreign Studies University) ‒ Applications open until 12 August 2020
The Office of International Relations (SINTER) announces that the GRUPO COIMBRA DE UNIVERSIDADES BRASILEIRAS (GCUB), of which UFSC is part, in partnership with the Hebei Foreign Studies University, will select students for the online course ’Introduction to Chinese Culture’.
The 45-hour online course will be entirely free to the participants. Synchronous classes will be held on the Zoom platform on Wednesdays, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Brasília time).
The classes will be taught by Ms. Q I A O J I A N Z H E N (Ana) in Portuguese and English. The full course program can be found on https://sinter.ufsc.br/files/2020/08/INTRODUCAO-A-CULTURA-CHINESA.pdf.
UFSC will pre-select up to 5 undergraduate students, from any areas of study, to apply for the selection process carried out by GCUB and Hebei Foreign Studies University.
The requirements to participate are:
- be regularly enrolled in any undergraduate program at UFSC from the time of application until the end of the ‘Introduction to Chinese Culture’ course;
- show proof of English proficiency at an advanced level, equivalent to C1 or C2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (for instance: IELTS 6.5+, TOEFL IBT 83+, Cambridge CAE, or EPEX from the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures ‒ DLLE at UFSC);
- have access to the Internet and possess a webcam and a microphone for participation in the classes and eventual presentations.
To apply for the pre-selection, students must present the following documents:
- Academic Transcript (issued by CAGR).
- Certificate of proficiency in English (minimum level equivalent to C1).
The applicant must send the above documents in Portable Document Format (.pdf) to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org until 12 August 2020.
The application e-mail must have as subject GCUB + APPLICANT’S FIRST NAME + LAST NAME (for example: GCUB ANA SILVA). Applications that do not follow such format or present incomplete documentation will not be considered.
The body of the e-mail should contain only the applicant’s full name and enrollment number.
If more than 5 students meet the application requirements, SINTER will carry out a pre-selection process based on the applicants’ academic performance, which will be calculated as follows: (student’s IAA – average IAA of the program) /standard deviation of the program.
For the calculation of academic performance, the student’s Cumulative Semester Grade Point Average (IAA), the average IAA of the program and the standard deviation will be retrieved from the Undergraduate Academic Records System (CAGR) on the day the calculation is done.
On 14 August, SINTER will send to GCUB the names of the 5 pre-selected students. On 19 August, GCUB will announce the final results. The selected students must enroll on the course until 25 August. Classes will begin on 2 September 2020.