Applications for the 2020.2 MRE Merit Scholarship are open from 10 September to 5 October 2020. The scholarship is destined for students of the Exchange Program for Undergraduate Students (PEC-G) at UFSC who have completed at least 2 semesters of study.
Offered by the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MRE), the Merit Scholarship consists of a monthly financial assistance of R$ 622.00, during the period of six months.
Read the rules carefully in the Call for Applications DCEC 1/2020.
To apply, students must send the following documents, scanned in high quality and PDF format, to email@example.com until 11:59 p.m. on 5 October 2020.
- Application Form, properly filled in and signed;
- Commitment Statement, properly filled in and signed;
- Copy of the student’s passport page with the valid visa (VITEM – IV);
- Copy of the current RNM or its updated protocol (do not worry, MRE is aware that the CRMN expiry dates are suspended during the pandemic);
- In case of participation in extracurricular research or outreach activities during the past two semesters, proof of student’s participation, indicating date of completion, duration and/or the workload (it can be from 2019 or 2020);
- Individual letter of recommendation, written and signed by tan instructor of a course taken in the last semester (it can be from 2019.2 or 2020.1).
The email must have as its subject “MÉRITO 20202 + APPLICANT’S NAME” (e.g.: MÉRITO 20201 ANA SILVA).
If possible, all the documents should be sent in one single PDF file, in the order listed above (from 1 to 6).
Attention: the Merit Scholarship cannot be accumulated with any other scholarship or aid.