The Programme for Strengthening of Civil Service in Latin America is an exchange program sponsored by the Botín Foundation, a Spanish organization dedicated to promoting vocation and talent for public service.
Every year, Latin American undergraduate students with leadership profiles and talent for public services are selected to participate in a two-month intensive course. The course includes lectures, classes, institutional visits, debates, projects, outdoor training and personal qualification.
The edition of 2021 will start on 24 October 2021, in the Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia, followed by a period in Spain (Madrid, Santander, Santiago de Compostela and Salamanca) and another period in the Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, where the program is scheduled to end on 2 December. In addition, there will be an online training module held before the start of the program. The program will cover the selected students’ expenses related to transportation and housing (students are responsible for all visa and passport-related expenses).
The documents needed for the application process are:
- Letter of Presentation sealed by the University Rector. The letter must be submitted according to the template provided by Botín Foundation (required);
- Commitment signed and stamped by a qualified representative of the home university showing proof of internship at any public institution of the home country, to be carried out by the student upon return from the Botín Foundation’s program (required);
- Copy of the student’s passport (if you do not have a passport and you are selected, you must provide it and apply for the visa with urgency);
- A 5×7 picture (passport size) in .GIF or .JPG formats;
- Statement indicating the veracity of all information presented and the commitment to take on an internship and to participate in the Botín Foundation’s NETWORK of Latin American Civil Servants after the program, using the template provided in the application form (required);
- Link of a YouTube video, uploaded as unlisted, in which the candidate will answer, in Spanish, the following questions (maximum of 2 minutes): “¿Qué Reto se ha propuesto?; ¿Por qué dicho Reto? ¿Qué le motivó a proponérselo? (Motivos que le han llevado a plantearlo) • ¿Cómo ha vivido el proceso para conseguir realizarlo? ¿Qué ocurrió, cómo se sintió? (Emociones sentidas, qué ha ocurrido…)” (required);
- If the candidate has any publications, include the link or PDF file (not required);
- Include personal blog URL, if applicable (not required);
- English and Spanish Language Certificate (desirable but not required).
Applications are open until 14 May 2021 on the Botín Foundation’s website.
Candidates must submit a presentation letter with the endorsement from their home universities. In order to obtain the letter from UFSC, they must present above-average academic performance and send an e-mail containing their up-to-date academic transcript to email@example.com until 3 May 2021.
For further information, access the Program’s website.
We highlight that SINTER is only announcing the opportunity and will provide the letter of presentation. Please be aware that the application process is the responsibility of the Botín Foundation. Therefore, any doubts about the program and this exchange opportunity must be addressed to Botín Foundation (firstname.lastname@example.org).