APPLICATION FOR STUDENT VISA EXTENSION
The application must be made at the Federal Police Office.
Av. Irineu Bornhausen, 4744, Agronômica, Florianópolis.
(Av. Beira Mar Norte – between the Governor’s House and the OAB Building)
Office Hours for foreigners: from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm (upon appointment scheduled online).
Find the Information Desk.
Telephone: +55 48 3281-6500 / 3281-6660
- Online application form available here. After completing and printing the form, check if there is a schedule available and select the date and time for appointment;
- Two recent color photos, size: 3 cm × 4 cm, with white background;
- Certified copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document (complete and with good definition);
- Original Migrant Registration Card (“Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório”) or confirmation of request, together with a certified copy;
- Proof of registration in an Educational Institution (except in case of degree completion, when the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
- Statement of the Educational Institution, including the expected duration of the studies (except in case of degree completion, when the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
- Statement of electronic address and other means of contact, by filling out this form;
- Original proof of payment of the following fee (GRU): 140120 – “Emissão de Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório” – R$204,77)
The documents in items 5 and 6 must be collected at SINTER.
Access this link and follow these steps to generate the GRU:
- In the field “UNIDADE ARRECADADORA”, select: “SC – Superintendência Regional no Estado de Santa Catarina”;
- In the field “CÓDIGO DA RECEITA”, select the code 140120 – “Emissão de Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório”.
Go to the Federal Police Office on your scheduled date, with all the required documents, including the proof of GRU payment, the filled-in application form, and the proof of scheduled appointment.
ATTENTION! Appointment schedules for visa registration at the Federal Police Office are made available on the Police website on the 28th of each month, at 7:30 a.m., with a maximum of 400 schedules per month. New schedule times may also be occasionally released at 7:30 a.m. on workdays. So fill out the form in advance and access the Police website on the 28th of each month or from Monday to Friday, at 7:30 a.m., to schedule your appointment. Do not miss your scheduled time!