Documents required for application for extension of student visa (extension of stay)
The application must be done at the Federal Police
thirty (30) days before the visa expires.
Beyond this deadline a fine must be paid.
Address of the Federal Police (“Polícia Federal´): Av. Irineu Bornhausen, 4744
(Avenida Beira Mar Norte – between the Casa do Governador and the OAB)
Office Hours: 12:00-16:00
Find the Information Desk
Telephone: 3281-6500 / 3281-6660
- Application available here;
- Two recent photographs, size 3×4, colored with white background;
- Full certified copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document;
- Proof of temporary registration;
- Proof of registration in the Educational Institution (except in case of course completion and if the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
- Statement of the Educational Institution, including the expected duration of the studies (except in case of course completion and if the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
- Original proof of payment of the following fees:“140090 – Pedido de Prorrogação de Prazo de Estada”“140120 – Carteira de Estrangeiro Primeira Via”
Access the website of the Federal Police (http://www.dpf.gov.br) and follow these steps:
- Select GRU > Estrangeiros/Imigração > 3. Pessoas e Entidades Estrangeiras;
- Fill out your personal data and address in Florianópolis;
- In the field “UNIDADE ARRECADADORA” select: “SC- Superintendência Regional de Florianópolis”;
- In the field “CÓDIGO DA RECEITA” select “140090 – PEDIDO DE PRORROGAÇÃO DE PRAZO DE ESTADA”.