APPLICATION FOR EXTENSION OF STUDENT VISA (extension of stay)
The application must be done at the Federal Police.
Address of the Federal Police (“Polícia Federal”): Av. Irineu Bornhausen, 4744, Agronômica, Florianópolis.
(Avenida Beira Mar Norte – between the Casa do Governador and the OAB)
Office Hours: from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Find the Information Desk
Telephone: +55 48 3281-6500 / 3281-6660
- Application form available here. After completing and printing the form, check if there is a schedule available and select the date and time for appointment;
- Two recent color photos, size: 3 cm × 4 cm, with white background;
- Copy of valid passport or equivalent travel document;
- Proof of temporary registration (National Migration Card);
- Proof of registration in an Educational Institution (except in case of degree completion, when the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
- Statement of the Educational Institution, including the expected duration of the studies (except in case of degree completion, when the foreign student is requesting extension to receive the diploma);
- Original proof of payment of the following fees (GRUs):
- 140090 – Renovação do Prazo de Entrada – R$110,44 (people coming from Portuguese-speaking countries are released from paying this fee) and
- 140120– Emissão da Cédula de Identidade de Imigrante – R$204,77
The documents in items 5 and 6 are provided by SINTER.
Access the Federal Police website and follow these steps in order to generate the GRUs:
- Select GRU > Estrangeiros/Imigração > Pessoas e Entidades Estrangeiras;
- Fill out your personal data and address in Florianópolis;
- In the field “UNIDADE ARRECADADORA” select: “SC- Superintendência Regional de Florianópolis”;
- In the field “CÓDIGO DA RECEITA” select the code 140090. Do the procedure again and then select the code 140120.
ATTENTION! Every day, at noon, the Federal Police releases new schedule times. Fill out the form in advance and access the website from Monday to Friday, at noon, to schedule your visit. Do not miss your appointment time!
Go to the Federal Police Office with all the required documentation, including the paid GRU, the completed application form and the protocol of the scheduled appointment.