Applications open for Virtual Exchange at the University of Hradec Králové (UHK) ‒ Until 16 August 2020
The Office of International Relations (SINTER) announces that the University of Hradec Králové (UHK), a partner institution of UFSC at Czech Republic, is offering virtual exchange (e-learning) opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students in the areas of Social Work, History, Political Science and Sociology. All online courses are free for UFSC students.
The classes will be held remotely and asynchronously from 29 September 2020 until the end of January 2021.
There is no limit of seats for UFSC students. All applicants meeting the requirements can register for the virtual exchange.
The requirements at UHK are:
- be able to read, write and communicate in English (proof of proficiency is not required);
- enroll in at least 15 credits.
The requirements at UFSC are:
- be regularly enrolled at UFSC from the time of application until the end of the virtual exchange;
- for undergraduate students: meet the requirements of the Call for Applications No. 3/SINTER 2020, item 3.2;
- for graduate students: meet the requirements of their Graduate Program and the requirements of the Prorectorate for Graduate Studies.
The available courses and their respective number of credits and codes can be found on https://www.uhk.cz/en/philosophical-faculty/about-faculty/actual-events/e-learning. For any doubts, contact Mr. Tomáš Herčík (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Graduate students must fill in the application form (https://forms.gle/yB5urTmSNCghLqUb9) and wait for further instructions.
- Undergraduate students must apply through the UFSC online application system (http://sinter.ufsc.br/outgoing/inscricao/).
- To apply on the UFSC online application system, click on the “alunos UFSC” tab in “Inscrição de estudantes da UFSC”, then click on “Candidatura de Estudantes da UFSC” and select “Programa de Intercâmbio Acadêmico Alunos UFSC”, “acordos bilaterais”. At last, select the University of Hradec Králové (UHK).
- In “curso pretendido” (desired course), type “e-learning”.
- In “data” (date), select “sim” and type “23/08/2020”.
- In “passaporte” (passport), fill in your passport number or, in case you do not have one, your ID number.
- In “carta de motivação” (motivation letter), inform which courses of the UHK e-learning catalogue (code and title) you intend to take, and justify your choice. The motivation letter will be read by your Program Coordinator, who will or will not approve your application. In the motivation letter, you must also describe your English proficiency level.
- Students must complete their applications in the UFSC online system until 16 August. No supporting document is required until 16 August; the complete application in the UFSC online system is enough. Applications after 16 August will not be considered. The Learning Agreements/Planos de Estudo must be submitted to SINTER until 18 September.
- Program Coordinators must approve the applications on the system until 20 August.
SINTER will nominate for UHK:
- Undergraduate students who meet all requirements, complete the application procedures correctly and have their applications approved by the Program Coordinator.
- Graduate students who follow the procedures informed to them by e-mail after filling out the electronic form.