The Times Higher Education (THE) has published today the results of the World University Rankings 2021 by Subject, listing the broad areas with the best performances in the top universities in the world.
The Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina was ranked in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 by Subject in the following areas:
- Ranked 301-400 in Education
- Ranked 301-400 in Clinical & health
- Ranked 401-500 in Arts & humanities
- Ranked 501+ in Psychology
- Ranked 501-600 in Business & economics
- Ranked 501-600 in Social Sciences
- Ranked 601-800 in Computer science
- Ranked 601-800 in Engineering
- Ranked 601-800 in Life sciences
- Ranked 801-1000 in Physical sciences
“The importance of this type of ranking for institutional strategic planning should be highlighted. They serve as points of orientation so that we can identify our strengths and work with those areas of knowledge that need closer attention. Undoubtedly, internationalization plays a key role in strengthening these areas of knowledge by choosing strategic partnerships, for example”, says the Secretary for International Relations at UFSC, Dr. Lincoln Fernandes.
The Times Higher Education (THE) is a British magazine that publishes news and articles related to higher education. Annually, THE releases a set of rankings considered to be one of the most comprehensive, balanced and reliable in the world. Universities are evaluated based on 13 performance indicators, including teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
Browse the full results of the THE University Rankings 2021 by Subject here.