When there is a strong need of assistance due to an unforeseen situation, the PEC-G student may request an Emergency Grant to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MRE). The Office of International Relations (SINTER) only helps the student to apply; it does not participate in the evaluation process nor does it award the grant.
In order to apply, the student must present the following documents:
- Emergency grant request form, dully signed and filled in with the bank’s name, branch and account number, CPF, phone number, and e-mail (form attached);
- Letter of commitment signed by the student, proving that he or she is not engaged in paid work nor receive financial assistance from any institution (form attached);
- Copy of the passport’s page on which the current visa is stamped and of the RNE, or its updated protocol, proving that the applicant is currently living in Brazil in a regular status;
- Student’s original bank statements from the last 3 months;
- A letter from the student requesting the emergency grant and explaining his or her financial situation;
- A report about the student’s social and economic situation, issued by the social service of the institution in which the student is enrolled (provided by SINTER);
- Proof of enrollment in a Higher Education Institution (provided by SINTER);
- Academic transcript updated with the results of the previous semester (provided by SINTER).
For further information about the Emergency Grant, access the MRE website.